Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Happens in Vegas...

...Stays in Vegas...except herpes.

Happy graduation present to myself...Viva Las Vegas!

The girls and I (and a token boy or two) headed to other side of the Rockies to celebrate the Labor Day weekend. How was it you ask? It was Vegas, so you can only believe that it was a total spectacle and when we all woke up in the morning we weren't feeling like P. Diddy.

It was nice to get out of Denver and head to hot desert. We spent most of our days floating in the pool consuming buckets of beer surrounded by beautiful people--beautiful people that were mostly plastic and tatted up from head to toe. I have never see so much art work on people before. Between the plastics and tattoos I don't even want to know what kind of money was hanging out near the water.

Lets talk about this pool though for a second. Had beer not been involved (for several hours) I probably would never have gotten in. It was absolutely disgusting. When we would get there in the mornings the water would be crystal clear and cool--by the end of the day the water was murky to the point of almost not being able to see the bottom and the water felt like a bathtub. I don't even want to know what was going on in that water.


Since it was so toasty warm out if we weren't hanging out in the pool we were at the tables. Normally I'm not a big gambler, but this Vegas trip I found my game--Craps! Thanks to uncle Frank (a guy we had met at one of the Blackjack tables) for teaching us the game, cause I got hooked, and I'm pretty sure a few of us ended up playing till the wee hours of dawn one night. It was also one of the few gambling games I played that didn't take all my money.
You can't go to Vegas and not go to a club. So we all got glammed up one night and headed out for a night on the town with our final destination being Tao at the Venetian. We had met a group of Canadians earlier in the trip and they had just so happened to have ordered bottle service that night and had invited us to meet up with them, so of course we did and we were lucky enough to have a table on the rooftop patio.

In the end we all survived...well minus an iPhone--may it rest in peace...at least it wasn't my phone, and none of us lost our life savings gambling. Oh and we only lost two people...but they showed up eventually all in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment