Thursday, May 6, 2010

Leave Sooner, Drive Slower, Fewer Tickets

I made it!

So I have a less than stellar driving record. Getting pulled over for me used to be a regular occurrence when I drove anywhere. Whether I was going a long or short distance I seemed to be a target for law enforcement, but thanks to my charm and ultimate power of persuasion (yeah right) I somehow was able to finagle my way out of tickets and get off with written warnings. While I was at K-State I even had a bulletin board devote to a collage or written warnings I received while in school...I had to of had a good half dozen or more.

Well unfortunately my luck of written warnings wore out and for the past 18 months I have been in danger of having a 30 day suspension of license. Thanks to California driving law you can only get 3 traffic violations in an 18 month period of time...and I had 2. I had to make it May 2nd without getting a ticket, and guess what I made it! I think I only even got pulled over once in that period of time (and got off of course) which is some sort of record for me. But I do have to say, thank goodness the tickets you get when going through an intersection (the camera ones for speeding/running lights) don't count cause if so it would have been public transportation for me.

But I can now say I have learned my lesson to slow down and pay attention to road signs! I don't need to start another collage anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment