Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Thesis: Please don't be the death of me!

First due date of thesis proposal for edits: Week of May 9-15.
Official proposal due date: May 21st.

How is this going you ask? Well aside from the anxiety, night sweats, random panic attacks, and the same recurring nightmare of me failing graduate school, its rolling right along.

My finalized topic (in a nutshell) is: The uniqueness of social networks and how it has changed the approach businesses are taking towards marketing. Finally, what do businesses need to do in order to adapt to this growing trend.

Due to the rise of social networking, organizations are now being forced to develop individual, real-time communications with their customers, whether they want to or not. The deal with social networking is if your not talking about your company, someone else is....so it might as well be you talking! There are some companies that are totally on the social networking bandwagon but other are still dragging their feet, which in my opinion (which probably doesn't mean much) is not the smartest move because you gotta keep up with the times :)

So if anyone has any sort of advice, reading recommendations, websites to check out, suggestions, know people to talk to etc please let me know...I need all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. eee... the idea of writing a thesis would terrify me. that's why i'm little ol' me with only a bachelors degree that i was pretty darn happy to get out with!

    love your topic though. gives you an excuse to be on facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete