Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meanwhile Back at the Ranch...


Walking into my parents house after not visiting for months always makes me smile. Nothing like walking into a house and having the feeling of comfort, familiarity, and seeing pictures on the walls that bring back amazing memories. Also mom always has a stocked pantry!
(the ranch)
When I finally got back to the ranch it was game time. I headed to Visalia to see Amanda, my preggo PIC, and help with getting things done for her pirate themed baby shower that was taking place over the weekend. Let me just say my PIC has the coolest scrapbooking tool and I want one!

Its called a Cricut (pronounced like cricket) and you get different memory sticks for it and each memory stick has different images on it. You just pick an image, pick a size, and then press th
e button and it cuts out what ever shape you chose. Its amazing!
(See all the anchors and skull and crossbones...all done on the cricut!)

One thing about living in a small town is that no matter where you go, you will run into someone you know whether you like it or not. While shopping at Target for baby shower goods it seems like I ran into everyone...including Granny, who lives about 50 yards from my mom and dads. That is one think I miss about living in a small town is running into people you know when you are out and about. Its nice to see familiar faces and catch up with people you haven't seen in years in some cases.

The baby shower was a smashing success and absolutely adorable! Every even stuck with the pirate theme! Now normally I am not a big fan of baby/bridal shower games, but there was one game that was right up my alley.

I have a guilty pleasure of watching trash TV and reading trashy magazines, and for once my guilty pleasure got me somewhere. For one of the games we were given a list of celebrities and we had to name their babies. There were 19 celebrities on the list and I ended up name 31 names...the next closest person had 23. I ended up with a beautiful basket filled with wine, wine glasses, cheese, crackers, etc. Great job on the prizes ladies!

(Love these girls! Been friends since we were toddlers!)

(With the baby shower hostesses and mom to be)

It has been a while since I had gone hiking in the hills so I somehow convinced my brother to take me turkey hunting one morning. After having moms amazing Sunday morning breakfast paired with dads amazing bloody marys (I finally got one!) my brother and I set out to find a bird.

Now since I am not an owner of any sort of hunting camo I had to borrow some from my brother. Needless to say it was a sight to see. If you have ever met my brother you would know I am considerably bigger than he is and I somehow crammed my expanding behind into a pair of his camo overalls, and by crammed I mean they were skintight and I wasn't quite sure if I would be able to get out of them...I was afraid a pair of scissors may need to be involved in order for me to undress.
(My brother calling birds)

Unfortunately, I didn't bring home a bird but we did get one called in pretty close, but he must have seen something he didn't like because he hightailed it away from us before I got the chance to shoot. Even though we didn't get anything it was great to spend a morning with my brother and catch up! It was also beautiful, lush, and green in the hills and some of the flowers were still in bloom.
It was great to be home for the long weekend and spend time with family and friends and get caught up with everyone and I'm already itching to go back! Its hard to believe that the next time I go back my PIC will by a momma to her baby boy Blake...I can't wait to meet this little man!

I lucked out and my flight back was much less eventful than my flight to LA. The only thing that was marginally exciting about the flight was the Barbie Benton was on my flight. For those of you who don't know who that is, she is a former girlfriend to Hugh Hefner and has been on several episodes of the The Girls Next Door...remember I have a thing for trash TV :)

No comments:

Post a Comment