Friday, April 2, 2010

Girlcation 2010


Ok so I've been a little busy recovering and catching up on life after my week long "Girlcation" to Cabo.
(On the beach in Cabo)

So how was it you ask? Amazing! However it was not quite the relaxing, peaceful trip that I was expecting. It was more like spending 7 nights in Vegas...yes it was that crazy! Our days were filled with beach lounging and cocktails while are nights were filled with dancing and more cocktails. And let me just say, if there was a pole in Cabo we found it...and may or may not have danced on it. We knew it was going to be a good trip when our cabi offered to stop at the liquor store for some roadies on the trip from the airport to our resort. We happily took him up on the offer. :)



The weather was a perfect 85 and sunny every day but one when it was still warm but a little cloudy...in other words it was the perfect laying out weather and I came back with a pretty good tan.
(Going out on night 2 for Jills B'day)

We met some amazing people while we were there and are still keeping in touch with most of them. We might have been in Cabo for 2 hours when we met a group of guys from Sacramento who we ended up spending a lot of time with. I believe we met them over shots at the Mango Deck and we all became instant friends! They are even talking about making a trip to Denver to hang with us this summer.
(At dinner for the Sac boys last night)

After the Sacramento boys left and it was just back to us 4 girls we decided it would be a good time for dancing so we went to El Squid Roe where we somehow ended up in dance cage. Although Squid Roe is a good time we noticed that most of the crowd was a younger crowd like in the 18-20 year old range. We were joined in the "cage" by some Princeton boys we proceeded to refer to us as "the cougars" so we decided it was time to split and find an older crowd. And that is when we met the doctors.

The doctors were from Detroit and just so happened to have the penthouse suite at the same resort we were staying at which led to trouble...in a good way. And let me say those doctors knew how to have a good time. They were on the same time share schedule as we were so ended up spending the rest of the trip all hanging out and going to dinner and what not. Needless to say it ended up being a good time had by all :)

(With the Doctors)
(Last night in Cabo)

So now that I'm finally recovered (it took a while) and back into the swing the of things its time put the hammer down on this thesis. I'm very close to finalizing my topic and thesis statement and will share it with you all when it is finalized.

Next week I will be heading to the other side of the Rockies to visit family and go to my cousin/P.I.C.'s (Parter In Crime) baby shower. Its hard to believe that in roughly a month she will a mommy. But I know she will be great! And also next week the night before I fly out I will be attending the Wednesday night performance of Taylor Swift here in Denver! Could things be any better right now? I don't think so..

(My PIC and Mom to be Amanda and I)

1 comment:

  1. These stories don't surprise me at all. You always find adventure and fun wherever you go!

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete